1. They exemplify heroic virtue and radiate a moral joy.
2. They are ambitious, but not on a mission to prove anything to the world. God's opinion is the only one that matters.
3. They answer softly when challenged harshly.
4. They are dignified when others try to humiliate them, restrained when others try to provoke them.
5. They perform acts of sacrifice cheerfully and patiently. They never think of themselves. They look at every encounter as an opportunity to help others.
6. They are for the most part quiet, and when they speak everyone listens.
7. They recognize where love is needed and they bring it.
8. They make you feel appreciated, well-liked, and special when you speak with them.
9. They move through social classes not even aware that they exist.
10. After you've known them for a while it occurs to you that you've never heard them speak negatively or boast about themselves.
11. Their minds are steady and their hearts are dependable.